Jun 12, 2012

Popular Sayings


Popular Sayings

“Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
friendship quotes

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

“So many books, so little time.”

popular sayings

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”

“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.”

“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.”

“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”

“Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.”

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”

“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.”

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”

“You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.”

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
“It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.”

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.”

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”

“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”


“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”

“We read to know that we are not alone.”

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”

1 comment:

  1. 5 of the best VR sports games to get you playing with
    Looking videodl.cc for the best virtual reality sports games? At Videodl.cc, you can play one of these VR sports games – like tennis, cycling,

    ReplyDelete